Coat of Arms

Coat of Arms

GIOCATORI

GIOCATORI
Values: Unity, Happiness, Education

Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Sacramento Kings Presentation (reflection)

I think that our group did very well with our presentation. I liked how we opened strong and finished even stronger. In our group everyone did atlest an average of 5 performance and research. I think that Hamid took it a step farther with the articles, making him the person i believe did more than his fair share. I think I can rate myself as a positive 6, since i could have focused on some type of visual aid to my part of the presentation, even though the video i found was pretty cool.

I would not remove anyone from our group and if i were to add someone, i would want them to have some planning skills and leadership since sometimes our leader is unavoidably absent and it would be nice to have someone to help when hes not there.

 Rating my group

A.  Showing up - 9
 B.  Doing your fair share - 8.5
C.  Being on time - 7
D.  Responding timely to email and communicating effectively with other members - 6
E.  Handling conflict among group members  - 10
F.  Being present in the group -- not distracted by outside cell phone calls or text messages when the group is meeting. - 9

The fives rules I came up with for an effective group came from my reflection on the article by Sarah Malaya Sniezek. How Groups Work (article)
1. A successful group must have a common interest and goal.
2. An effective group must be "socially attracted" to each member.
3. There must be a leader.
4. Cohesion: common identity, social relationships.
5. Conformity to the groups policies/rules/requirements.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

A vice President, or leader, sounds like a good idea for your group. You guys did a great job on your presentation. It did not seem like any one person did significantly less than anyone else.